1) You know how sometimes, you want exactly what you don't have, and you want it in the worst way, but then once you actually have that thing you're kind of like "Oh. Shit. I clearly just wanted that particular thing because I DIDN'T HAVE IT RIGHT THAT SECOND."? You guys. Being home is kind of like that.
2) I say "kind of", though, because in some ways, being home is marvelous and right and home. I had no idea how much I'd missed visiting and chasing The Prince's youngest brother (he's 10) up the stairs to the bathroom to start an epic teeth-brushing race. NO IDEA.
3) The drive across the country was mostly awesome. By that, I mean The Prince is still alive and he also still loves me (I think). Both of those things were put at high risk during that trip: Life & Love = IN SERIOUS DANGER. That's just what long roadtrips do, or, well, what I'd been told they do. In reality, we had a lot of fun, lost our audio-book virginities, ate a lot of pretzels and went pee in a lot of gas station bathrooms.
4) The one major hitch with our trip was the day we came across BOULDERS on the Trans-Canada highway before the sun had even come up. The Prince swerved the Jeep to miss the first bunch, then, of course, hit a huge one. The rock destroyed two tires and two rims, and we were 50 kilometres from the nearest tire shop. Please take a second to cry at the expense of that crap on my behalf. The full hysterics of this event should really be a whole post, so sit tight. For now, let me start by saying that there was a lot of "How have we managed to entirely avoid hitting any moose, and then, wait a second, no, FUCK YOU, EXHAUSTED TRAVELLERS, here's a BOULDER. In the middle of the ROAD. Beause I'm the Trans-Canada and I'm HILARIOUS. And there's no cell service, because fuck you even more."
5) The Prince and I have started new jobs. We both work at the same company now, and oh goodness can you even imagine. I've already made sure that all of our coworkers are aware that A) I wear the pants in this relationship and also B) I'm the funny one.
7) I went to our small town's new WalMart last night at 10:45pm while wearing velour sweat-like pants, a paint-speckled hoodie that says "HOCKEY" on the back of it and a plaid pair of slippers. I am fashionable as fuck.
Lots of love,